Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Bear Scare"- my thumbnail sketch & larger line drawing



My sketch and larger drawing from the story-

        "Snow White and Red Rose"

I drew inspiration from the scenes below 



"One evening, as they were thus sitting comfortably together,
some one knocked at the door, as if he wished to be let in.
The mother said. “Quick, Rose-red, open the door, it must be
 a traveller who is seeking shelter.” Rose-red went and pushed
back the bolt, thinking that it was a poor man, but it was not; it
was a bear that stretched his broad, black head within the door.

 Rose-red screamed and sprang back, the lamb bleated, the dove
 fluttered, and Snow-white hid herself behind her mother’s bed.
But the bear began to speak and said, “Do not be afraid, I will do
 you no harm! I am half-frozen, and only want to warm myself a
 little beside you.”

No comments: