I finished this project long ago and never posted it! So continued from the previous thumbnail post.... I drew up this image and revised it a few times after requests from the author, here is #1,
below is #2,
then I did a value study to figure out the lighting and 2 color studies in Adobe Photoshop.
The client wanted the colors in the #1 study to be more vibrant and she asked me to work on the rabbits expression so I created color study #2 below!
Once the client was happy with the rabbit, colors and vibrancy of the scene I was ready to start the final on watercolor paper. I blew up my drawing to size, traced it on the 300lb paper with pencil on my light table.
After lots of hours of painting in watercolors I finished! Here it is! Best of all my author client loved it :)
here it is tiny